Sunday, January 26, 2014

The reasons why working at home is best for me.

I decided that I want to work at home. A lot of people would consider me a "shut in," when it's far from the truth.

Though, I have mild agorophobia when my anxiety is extremely bad and untreated, I actually do enjoy going out on most days and, in fact, when school is in session, I do. I'd just prefer if my career was from home for several reasons:

  1.  I don't drive, therefore commuting is a lot harder for me. I don't live in a huge city. Though we have a public transportation in my city, they're constantly making cuts. The schedules for busing aren't good and the stops aren't close together.
  2. I HATE being constantly watched over. I'm extremely independent and self-motivated. Therefore, I don't like being constantly supervised and constantly receiving criticism.
  3. I like creating my own environment. I like being able to play music when I work or have the TV on in the background. I also like being able to multitask and do my laundry and cook during the day.
     
  4. I like being in control. I like being in control of my own schedule and working as much and as little as I want on a certain day. I meet my deadlines, but I like doing my work at my own pace. That's what it's like in college and that's why I'm succeeding so much. I'm the type to work from 11-7 or 12-8. Like I said in my last post, I'm not your typical 9-5 gal. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment